[syslinux] isolinux.cfg location?

Andrey Vul andrey.vul at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 21:24:10 PST 2005

what i did is:
a) reassemble isolinux.asm and change isoliux_dir constant from isolinux
to mod123. after compiling i opened isolinux.bin with a hexeditor and
did an ascii search for mod123and replaced it with whatever
b) ascii search in hexeditor for isolinux (press f3 or Ctrl+G or
whatever until you get to ?/boot/isolinux? ? is unknown hex character)
and replace with whatever
so the result is this:
/
/boot/whatever_1 <- item 1 menu
/boot/whatever_2 <- item 2 menu
/boot/whatever_N <- item 3 menu
/boot/isolinux <- multi menu

and the sweet part is that just add this line:
label return
kernel /boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin
to return to main menu

tried and true