[syslinux] isolinux.cfg location?

Nicolas Bigaouette nbigaouette at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 30 20:37:02 PST 2005

Thanx for the feedback and the clarification.

I tough of "merging" config files, but it's not quite the way I see the
CD I'm creating. I'm booting that cd with CDShell, witch can load
isolinux. I want to make a choice in CDShell of "Insert" or "Damn Small
Linux". That choice would bring the same screen as if the computer was
booted with the respective Live CD. Right now I'm calling CDShell's
implementation of isolinux with the default parameters of those livecd.
But I'd like to have the isolinux screen with the "boot:" prompt, the
live cd's logo, the boot options, etc. I'm limited right now to just the
default options.

It seems possible to pass some options to isolinux as of
http://cdshell.org/doc/cmdref.html#isolinux. Even if it says that the
arguments would be interpreted by isolinux as if entered at the "boot:"
prompt, it still seems possible for isolinux to "receive information"
from CDShell or another boot loader booted before isolinux.

If syslinux relies on a some variables being initialized at load time,
it could relies also on some other variables to get the location of the
configuration files. I don't really understand what you meant by "they
would have to be reset before a new config file can be loaded"... I
didn't meant "load a different config file from an already loaded
isolinux" if this is what you tought I wanted...

Thanx

Nicolas