[syslinux] dhcp with multiple tftpservers?

* Abhijeet Udas * abhijeet at netenrich.com
Tue Feb 1 06:19:26 PST 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Mikey Sklar wrote:
>
>> I work at a company that likes to poweroff our entire buildings on a
>> yearly bassis. During the powerup we tend to have a chicken-and-egg
>> problem. All our servers are set to PXE boot on every boot. Some of the
>> core infrastructure servers end up getting stuck on boot. A DHCP server
>> is a available to respond, but no tftpserver is up yet to send down the
>> pxelinux microkernel.
>> Is there anyway to have multiple tftpservers specified? Any other
>> suggestions outside of getting our tftpserver up first.
>>

> Unfortunately not, except anycasting (i.e. having more than one TFTP
> server for the same IP address.)
>
>     -hpa

Try Looking at Heartbeat in Linux
you can setup multiple services on different machines and they together
act like one
you can setup say two machine s with one IP address which act as a TFTP
servers that
way if one gets up it takes over the the IP [ which is shared between
the two ]
may be this link helps
http://linux-ha.org/download/GettingStarted.html

regards,