[syslinux] PXE 0.99h stacks... any chance?

Michael Quaintance penfoldq at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 1 16:22:43 PST 2005

As I am a firmware engineer for a living, I am strongly opposed to
unofficial firmware updates and I dislike performing official ones. I
have had too many updates of my own code go wrong for unexpected
reasons!

Having checked the PCI device ID under Windows, the on-board network
card _is_ supported under Etherboot (Intel 8255x,  PCI dev id 0x1229).
Is chainloading Etherboot from PXE likely to be more or less
problematic than using a known buggy 0.99h for PXELINUX all the way?

Thanks to you, Alex, and hpa for your very useful and exceptionally
quick answers. Hopefully my home touch-screen MP3 player will be
running soon. :)

-Michael