[syslinux] PXELINUX directory problem

Michiel Boterenbrood michiel.boterenbrood at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 00:02:31 PST 2005

I'm trying to boot multiple ISO files with pxelinux. Booting a single
ISO file works, but if I put them in different sub directories it no
longer works.

I'm using the windows2003 sp1 trick to load my iso's (bartpe, winpe,
erd commander, etc)

pxelinux.0 gives me a menu:

PROMPT 1
DEFAULT hdd
TIMEOUT 100
DISPLAY PXE.MSG

LABEL hdd
   LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL bartpe
   KERNEL bartpe/startrom.0
   APPEND -

LABEL winpelab
   KERNEL winpelab/startrom.0
   APPEND -

the startrom.0 in turn tries to start ntldr and ntdetect.com. ntldr
calls winnt.sif. the winnt.sif file contains the location of the ISO
image.

When looking at the tftp log I noticed the startrom.0 is loaded, but
it tries to run all the other files from the tftp root.
The startrom loader does not take options unfortunately so I cannot
specify the location of the sif file, and because the sif file is
unique for every iso image I have to put it in sub folders.

Anyone have a clue how I can solve this? Maybe an alternate TFTP
server that uses the folder to retrieve files from the folder the
first file is retrieved or something like that??

Thanks for your help,

Regards, Michiel