[syslinux] Trying to work around a 0.99h client.

Michael Quaintance penfoldq at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 4 13:08:34 PST 2005

On 4 Feb 2005, at 20:45, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Again, make sure you turn off path mtu discovery on the server.  At
> least some of the 0.99's couldn't parse a packet with the DF bit set.

Wow, thanks!

I had a newbie moment. I'm still learning Linux as I go along. I had
set disabling path mtu discovery before but forgot that it was not
persistent the way I had done it so it didn't survive the reboot a few
hours ago.

Also I didn't know what it meant so I paid no attention to the fact
that tcpdump was telling me the packets were flagged "<DF>".

Now I'm looking into why LTSP isn't working (or at least is
unacceptably slow). But a sincere thankyou for helping me get this far!

-Michael