[syslinux] syslinux/isolinux capabilities

Jernej Simoncic jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Mon Feb 7 06:06:14 PST 2005

On Monday, February 7, 2005, 2:43:59, Benjamin Hodgens wrote:

> I'm wondering if it's possible to use isolinux on a bootable CDR to boot an
> ISO9660 disk image off of the CDR's filesystem. I'm trying to make a multi-boot
> CD which is capable of booting both floppy images and smaller ISO9660 images
> (such as the debian netinst or DSL - damnsmall linux), and I am wondering if
> isolinux is capable of doing this (or something similar to this - would there be
> a workaround through another method?), or if I might need to try using GRUB.

It's pretty much impossible to boot a CD image AFAIK, but you should be able
to combine the different CDs into one, and then use ISOLinux to select which
one to boot.

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.
       -- (Sam) Brown's Law