[syslinux] Can't get hpa-tftpd working on Slackware 9.1

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Wed Feb 9 02:33:47 PST 2005

Hi,

stappers at stappers.nl (Geert Stappers) schrieb am 09.02.05 11:00:59:

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:39:31PM +0100, Denis Grannell wrote:
> > Did I not provide correct or not enough information or am I
> > in the wrong place?
>
> The prevent further noise:
>
> This mailinglist is about syslinux, a bootloader.
> tftpd-hpa, a trivial file transfer procotocol daemon, is not a bootloader.

quote from the syslinux info page:

:About SYSLINUX
:
:This list is for discussion of the SYSLINUX and tftp-hpa Open Source packages by H. Peter Anvin.

So yes, this is the correct place for asking tftp-hpa questions.

And no, I've got no idea what your problem is. Can't you get files from the tftp server? Why would you put
files to the tftp server? Did you actually understand the implications of a writeable tftp server?

Regards,

Josef