[syslinux] Can't get hpa-tftpd working on Slackware 9.1

Denis Grannell denisg at online.de
Fri Feb 11 16:00:47 PST 2005

Hi Josef,

> So yes, this is the correct place for asking tftp-hpa questions.
Fine.

> And no, I've got no idea what your problem is.
Me neither, that's why I asked.

Why would you put files to the tftp server?
I want to copy router configurations onto the server.

> Did you actually understand the implications of
> a writeable tftp server?

That's a patronising question but I'll answer you anyway.
The whole setup is located within a trusted lan so there
are no serious implications!
My question was never intended to spark off a discussion
on the "the implications of a writeable tftp server",
which is (a)
furthest from my mind and (b)
is exactly why I explicitly asked if the list was the
correct one to pose the question in the first place.
I simply thought someone here might have an an answer
at his or her fingertips.

regards,
Denis Grannell