[syslinux] Garbage on screen on IBM x335 / x336

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Tue Feb 15 17:29:25 PST 2005

Benoit Perron wrote:

>Setting 'console 0'  in the config file disabled the output of
>the 'Loading....' messages and thereby I don't see the garbage anymore.
>

>Thanks to Jim Cromie for the solution!

Could you provide some details ?

is this screen via serial line or console ?
if former, try 'console 0' in you pxelinux.cfg/default file.

Im guessing from what youve said that youre using the console port,
and that 'console 0' turned everything off.  That seems to be hiding the
problem
rather than fixing it.

in my case, my soekris box (small single board computer) has a bios
wierdness that it puts escape chars into the output, yielding garbage
similar
to what youre seeing.

pxelinux 2.11 spewed a full screen of garbage,
3.08-pre5 (and 3.07 iirc)  trims that garbage down to 1 line,
which overwrites itself repeatedly (as if its got the carraige return,
but is missing the newline)

If this gets you somewhere, reply on-list, if not, then save the list
from my silly speculations.

good luck