[syslinux] Report of incompatability [pxelinux] - (long ago fixed)

David Douthitt ssrat at mailbag.com
Thu Feb 17 09:58:38 PST 2005

I've been using pxelinux for automated installs, and it works well.  I'm
using it on SUSE Linux 8.1, and it has been going well until recently.
The TFTP, NFS, and DHCP servers are all on the same system.

It uses PXELINUX 1.69 (part of SYSLINUX 1.62 I believe).  It installed
systems to my slimline Compaq Deskpro Pentium IIIs just fine.  Recently,
I ran it on a Compaq Deskpro Pentiums (DP4000S) slimline system, and
PXELINUX froze after loading up and giving the "ip=###.##.### ..." line.

No network traffic took place after that; checked with a sniffer.

When I got the RPMs off of kernel.org for syslinux 3.07, and copied
everything back over, it flew just fine.  No freezes or anything.  Now
if I could just figure out why Kickstart is failing.... sigh.

Thanks once again for a great piece (pieces!) of software.

--
David Douthitt
UNIX System Administrator