[syslinux] PXELinux

Richard Whittaker RWHITTAKER at nwtel.ca
Tue Feb 22 14:24:43 PST 2005

Greetings:

I'm hoping PXE linux can help me with my problem...

I'm trying to setup a PXE based install server under Linux that can
host Linux (SLES9, Slackware) and Windows (NT4, 2000, XP, 2K3) Install
images. I would ideally like to be able to have a PXE compliant host
boot, and prompt me to pick an image to boot. Has anyone ever done this
before?.. I have ISO images stored on the server, but this might not be
what I need, and I'm a little hazy on what my next step is... I have
PXELINUX booting, and prompting me with a boot: prompt, but as to what
to do next, I'm lost... Any pracitcal examples that someone could share
would be MUCH appreciated...

Thanks kindly in advance..

Richard W.

Richard Whittaker, CISSP