[syslinux] makebootfat: an utility to create bootable USB disks

Paolo Salvan paolo.salvan at xvision.it
Wed Feb 23 06:47:46 PST 2005

Hi!

I'm very curious about this package, as it's a lot of time I've been
trying to get reliable USB booting, despite BIOSes going around...

I'd like some clarification:

I well know how a single USB key can be compatible with both HD and ZIP
geometry, it isn't clear to me instead how can it be compatible with
floppy also, as AFAIK it has a different way to handle boot sector and
boot process...

Also, what are the possible "quirks" HPA are talking about?

Bye!

Paolo

[...]

--