[syslinux] Mailing list policy question

Rose, Daniel Daniel.Rose at getronics.com
Fri Feb 25 04:09:01 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: syslinux-bounces at zytor.com on behalf of Josef Siemes
Sent: Fri 2/25/2005 8:05 PM
To: SYSLINUX at zytor.com

Hi,
<SNIP>

I think this should not be split up. The mailing list is still low-volume.

The problem is: Some issues are really development specific. Others are general use
of syslinux. Others deal somewhere between tftpd, pxelinux, rom code and kernel/initrd,
and it isn't even clear after the second look which of these parts fail. Others are really
off-topic and deal about making an initrd, compiling a kernel etc.pp.

So creating two lists would tend the newbies to post to *both* lists, since they
don't read the description anyways.  And for others it isn't even clear if this is a development
issue or a general issue about syslinux. Where would you put feature requests? The devel
list ? What if the feature request arises in the general list through a discussion? Things would
be crossposted to the devel list?

Regards,

Josef
<SNIP>

Apologies for my dodgy OWA MUA which munges replies..
I agree, the list shouldn't be split, it is a very low portion of my daily read, and I think it will cause hassles for people identifying where they should be posting.

Just my .02

Regards,

Daniel Rose