[syslinux] syslinux 3.07 does not boot on my laptop

Daniel Jahre daja at rocklinux.org
Wed Jan 19 09:53:57 PST 2005

Hello,

I am using the config at the bottom of this mail for booting a live cd.
The cd boots fine with that in qemu and my athlonxp, but fails on my
laptop stating: Unknown keyword in config file
Unfortunately I have no idea how to debug this. Is this really a buggy config
or sth else?

DEFAULT livecd
TIMEOUT 600
PROMPT 1

DISPLAY boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 help0.txt
F3 help1.txt

LABEL livecd
        kernel vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram devfs=nocompat init=/linuxrc
video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x317 rw i
nit 5

LABEL livecd-1280
        kernel vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram devfs=nocompat init=/linuxrc
video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x31A rw i
nit 5

LABEL livecd-800
        kernel vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram devfs=nocompat init=/linuxrc
video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x314 rw i
nit 5

LABEL livecd-640
        kernel vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram devfs=nocompat init=/linuxrc
video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=0x311 rw i
nit 5

LABEL livecd-text
        kernel vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram devfs=nocompat init=/linuxrc
vga=0 rw

regards,

Daniel