[syslinux] Load setupldr.bin using isolinux

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:30:10 PST 2005

Creating a windows bootable CD with ISOLINUX involves a few steps.
+ Extract the boot sector of a Windows CD (or download the boot sector
from nu2.nu or any other place)
+ Put it in your ISOLINUX directory
+ Tell ISOLINUX to boot from it and tell ISOLINUX that it is a "kernel"
+ *MOST IMPORTANT* When you make the iso image, turn off version
numbers. By default all files get a ";1" added to the file name
(supposed to say that it is version number 1). So the file on the CD is
actually "SETUPLDR.BIN;1". You need to turn this off, since the Windows
Boot Sector expects to find a file called "SETUPLDR.BIN" without a ";1".
This should not affect anything else.

I used this some time ago to create a CD with ISOLINUX and Windows on it.

- Murali