[syslinux] mkisofs for Windows and 2 GB limitation

Andrea Mazzoleni amadvance at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 00:47:24 PST 2005

I have some users reporting problems creating isolinux bootable DVD
bigger than 2 GB in Windows.  The resulting DVD doesn't boot.

I've found this problem also mentioned in some forums, but I wasn't
able to find a mkisofs binary for Windows without this bug.

Please note that this isn't a problem of isolinux. Creating the same
DVD with a recent mkisofs in Linux results in a bootable disk.

I hope that someone in this mailing list have already addressed this problem.

PS.
The command used to create the image is:

mkisofs -r -J -o advcd.iso -V AdvanceCD -sort support/iso.srt -hide-rr-moved
-b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot
-boot-load-size 32 -boot-info-table image

--
Andrea Mazzoleni
935A 2D3C 5C70 BCD6 CB0C  ED89 7C19 4321 6340 3F6D