[syslinux] How to delay before mounting root filesystem

Kharisma Esguerra kharisma.esguerra at eppi.epson.com.ph
Tue Jan 25 07:31:13 PST 2005

im not exactly using an initrd since my scsi and usb support are already
inside the kernel. tried using patch but not working.

i also tried the initrd with only linuxrc stating "sleep 10" (including the
needed sash and sleep in the ramdisk bin folder). created an image
initrd-2.4.20-8.gz and placed it in my usb key (/boot/). so my lilo.conf
looks like this now.

boot=/dev/sda
disk=/dev/sda
bios=0x80
default=meema
image=/boot/bzImage
  initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-8.gz
  root=/dev/sda1
  label=meema
  append="ip=off panic=5"
  readonly

still, nothings change. my ramdisk didn't even load. is it me? ramdisk
support is also compiled with the kernel with a minimum ramdisk size of
8196. what am i missing?

i tried slackware 10 for usb. im reading the all the verbose message twice
during boot-up like its loading two kernels simultaneously.