[syslinux] ethersel.c32 issues

Cristi Mitrana cristi.mitrana at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 13:44:16 PST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:18:11 -0800, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> >
> > How does it fail for you?
> >
> > Could you send me the output of "lspci -vv -xxx" from this machine?
> >

> Oh yes, and kernel boot messages if you have them.  I'm wondering if
> this machine is one of those antiques which uses "method 2", which I
> don't have any specimens of and pretty much coded blind.
>
>         -hpa

Actually the machine is not antique at all; I don't have access to it
right now though.

lspci -vv shows:
 00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II]
(rev 74)
        Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine II] Embeded
Ethernet Controller on VT8235
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
>TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 32 (750ns min, 2000ns max), Cache Line Size: 0x08 (32
bytes)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
        Region 1: Memory at dffffe00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

I can get you more info on Monday when I can test again on the PC,
it's a usual via-rhine with some kind of RPL boot code on board, it works
very well with etherboot code, also with etherboot (PXE) -> pxelinux
-> (via menu) LTSP.

best regards,
mitu