[syslinux] Keyboard stops working

Samuel Clements sclements at linkline.com
Tue Jul 5 11:37:17 PDT 2005

Hi all! I'm new to the list (and syslinux for that matter!) but I've
searched as best I can for a similar problem to no avail. I've been
using pxelinux.0 + menu.c32 + memdisk to load MS-DOS boot images for a
few months now using version 3.07. When I introduced a new Intel 945G
based machine to the network I started getting very erratic behavior,
ranging from reboots to hangs, to successes while pxelinux.0 was loading
pxelinux.cfg/default. I noticed 3.09 was out so I grabbed that thinking
it may fix my problems. Now with 3.09 (or 3.08), pxelinux.0 loads my
menu, but the keyboard stops working. I know the keyboard is okay
because I can go into the BIOS and when I put 3.07 back in place, the
keyboard functions as expected. 3.08 and 3.09 seem to be loading my menu
reasonably successfully, but I can't press enter, or use the arrow keys
to select a lower menu item. Does anyone have any suggestions?
   Thanks in advance!
   -Sam Clements