[syslinux] Keyboard stops working

Samuel Clements sclements at linkline.com
Tue Jul 5 18:09:23 PDT 2005

> try 'n', 'p'  to pick next and previous lines respectively.
>
> or define hotkeys for each item, then hit them.

Thanks for this, but it appears related to this particular model of
motherboard/NIC. I did try 'n' and 'p' (and every other key on the
keyboard!) but the client appears to be hung. Caps Lock and Scroll Lock
lights dont even change. I did try an older machine and the keyboard
works just fine, but none of these new models seem to function at all
with anything past v3.07. Any other suggestions? For the record, my
motherboard is an:
http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/tp/index.htm

using the Intel 82573V gigabit ethernet controller, plugged into a
10/100 switch. My pxelinux.cfg/default file looks like:

su-2.05b# more /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default
default menu.c32
prompt 0
TIMEOUT 1200
MENU TITLE test title
label memtest
         kernel memtestbin
         menu default
label D865GLCLK P21 BIOS
         kernel memdisk
         append initrd=lc-21.img
label i8254x 10/100/1000 menu
         kernel memdisk
         append initrd=e1000.img
label i8255x 10/100 menu
         kernel memdisk
         append initrd=e100b.img

but I'm fairly certain that works okay since my older clients behave as
expected...
   -Sam