[syslinux] Additional file for pxelinux?

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Wed Jul 13 06:31:02 PDT 2005

Geert Stappers wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 11:48:36PM +0200, Sebastian Tillmann wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>is it possible to append more than only one file?
>>
>>Atm i've the kernel and my initrd that are loading.
>>How can i access the other files in my diskimage?
>>
>>My problem is, that i can't see/mount the additional files in my
>>diskimage, only the kernel and the initrd are shown. And I want to
>>have separate files, it is not possible for me to put all needed files
>>in the initrd to solve my problem. Or can I access the loaded
>>diskimage somewhere? I tried to put two append lines in the config but
>>the first append line was observed.
>>
>>Is this supported, what must I write into the syslinux.cfg?
>>

>I'm not sure, but I think it is not supported.
>
>What you are asking is "appending" a second file to the kernel.
>AFAIK support Linux kernel only a single initial ram disk.
>
>I suggest to solve the problem in the initrd, so that the first initrd
>retrieves the the second "initrd".

googled 'site: zytor.com multiple ramdisk'
4th unindented hit gave me;

Changes in 3.05:
	* The initrd= option now supports multiple filenames separated
	  by commas.  This is mostly useful for initramfs, which can
	  be composed of multiple separate cpio or cpio.gz archives.
	  (Note: all files except the last one are zero-padded to a 4K
	  page boundary.  This should not affect initramfs.)