[syslinux] Additional file for pxelinux?

Sebastian Tillmann hexfex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:39:41 PDT 2005

Hi,

thanks for the answers so far. I am now able to load two files over tftp
by specifying multiple initrd images in the pxelinux config file.
Besides the kernel image, I'm loading the normal initrd file and an additional
file. The problem: It looks like the addtional file must be mountable by the
kernel to access the contents of it. As this file is dynamically
generated for each of the clients and I
cannot generate a mountable image file, I need some way to access the
additional file from the booted system.

So, I have the kernel loaded, the initrd booted and the additional file
resides somewhere in the RAM. I now need a way to access this file. For
example, I can access the kernel file via /proc/kcore; the initrd image
is accessible via /dev/initrd (I guess this is the initrd image?). Is
there a similar way to access any additional files that pxelinux loaded
from the tftp server? Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the help!