[syslinux] mbr problem with pxelinux

Adam Wynne chuckanut at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:55:21 PDT 2005

I am having a problem where my newly cloned system (created using
pxelinux) boots up with the filesystem mounted read-only.  It is then
impossible to log in.

This is what I have done so far:

I boot the server using pxelinux.   Then there is a script in the
ramdisk that is be used to create the filesystem (ext2), mount
everything up, get a tar file containing all files from an identical
system, and untar the files.  Then I installed the bootoader to the
MBR using lilo -M /dev/hdc.

As far as I can tell, there are no settings in lilo.conf or fstab to
set the filesystem to be mounted read-only.

Any help is appreciated.