[syslinux] Keyboard stops working

Samuel Clements sclements at linkline.com
Mon Jul 25 10:10:36 PDT 2005

>> Is anyone interested in this? I'd think that there is a pretty obvious
>> breakage between 3.07 & 3.08 that someone would want to see. I'll gladly
>> loan out one of my new machines that pretty reliably exhibits this
>> problem if someone is interested in taking a stab at fixing it...
>>   -Sam
>>

> As always with this kind of stuff, try to find the prepatch number which
> breaks this.
>
> Also, make sure to test the latest (3.09) first.
>
> 	-hpa

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. It appears the breakage I'm
experiencing happens between 3.08-pre2 and 3.08-pre3. This problem
appears to carry on up through 3.09.

to re-hash, 3.08-pre2 (using menu.c32) gets to the menu and works as
expected. 3.08-pre3 (same config) gets to the menu and the machine locks
up. The arrow keys don't work and the default menu selection doesn't
load after my timeout. Any suggestions? I'll gladly start diff'ing
files, etc but that'd probably be more humorous to those looking on as
opposed to being actually useful...
   -Sam