[syslinux] Keyboard stops working

Samuel Clements sclements at linkline.com
Mon Jul 25 16:13:44 PDT 2005

> Yes, it will be fun. You will feel being a newbie again.
> It is the time that you learnt the most. Don't be scared.
> Every line that you can remove from the unified diff ( `diff -u` )
> is saved time for the people that will help you further.

Well okay! Here goes:

n00b situation one: where do I start?
   I see a ton of files in the downloaded .tar.gz file from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/ . I also see:
Changes in 3.08:
         * SYSLINUX: Fix performance regression (-s mode always
           enabled.)
         * Add API function for idle loop.
         * libutil: Add do_idle() function for idle loop, make
           get_key() use it.

but I don't see specific file names related to the pxelinux.0 or
menu.c32 files (pretty sure its a pxelinux.0 issue though). pxelinux.doc
appears to be usage documentation as opposed to 'this file does this'
type of documentation.

n00b situation two:
   how do I compile in my changes? I'm used to a 'gmake clean' and all
the usable binaries go away, edit code, gmake (or gmake pxelinux.0) and
usable binaries come back. When I gmake clean, pxelinux.0 still exists.
Once I edit files and re-compile them, how do I make sure my changed
pxelinux.0 file contains the changes I just made?

Thanks in advance. I'll check file size differences for now to see if
something jumps out at me!
   -Sam