[syslinux] Mistake: XP boot to ram

Dietmar Stölting dietmar.stoelting at t-online.de
Tue Jul 26 13:18:56 PDT 2005

Hi all,
I make a mistake. The partition with syslinux and the minlogon component was
put complete to ram by initrd. But the partition, that then boots is not the
image in ram but the first partition on the new harddisk. I cant see this
first, because there are no possibilitys with the minlogon component. But I
wondered, why there was letter C: for the partition that has been booted and
than letter E: for the partition with syslinux.
Letter D: (which is not shown), seems to be the image in ram. Syslinux swaps
the partitions, thats causes 07B BSOD. I do not know, how to solve this,
because I do not know much enough about the bootprocess from XP. May be,
that there must be only a small correction.

Sorry,
Dietmar