[syslinux] Setting up a Pxe Server with udhcpc?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jun 3 07:31:07 PDT 2005

Andrew Balmos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup a pxe server, I have a debian box with tftp-hda
> install, the image in place, and the pxeserver.0 in place.
>
> I have a router with udhcpc and I would like to use that as the DHCP
> server for the pxe server... I have been searching for some sort of
> document or hint as how to set this up, I could not find anything.
>
> Does any one know where a good document on this is located at?  Is
> this even possable?

Your current problem is figuring out if/how udhcpc can supply the string
"pxeserver.0" to the client, and the IP of the tftp server.  so the document will
be the udhcpc docs.  If you can't find any mention of PXE in the docs, post a URL
to them and you might get a confirmation that udhcpc doesn't have that feature.

Personally I would run dhcpd on your debian box.

Carl k