[syslinux] tftp and symlinks

Jernej Simoncic jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Mon Jun 13 04:18:06 PDT 2005

On Monday, June 13, 2005, 11:32:45, Geert Stappers wrote:

>>> tftp runs on a jail on its directory. Any link to an outside path is not
>>> followed. Hence the "not found". I'm not sure but I  think you can meet
>>> your goal mounting your CD/ISO under the tftpboot directory.
>> Good idea.  I'll give it a shot in the next day or so and let you know how
>> it goes.

mount --bind /some/path /to/jail
would probably work, too.

> If it really has to go to the mailinglist,
> then please allow people to read it from top to bottom in the logical
> sequence.

Since this is a mailing list, you could also snip properly. The only thing
worse than top-posting is bottom-posting without snipping irrelevant text.

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Performance is directly affected by the perversity of inanimate objects.
       -- Boyle's Ninth Law