[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.09-pre2: release candidate

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 13:42:40 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 22:55 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> It appears that increasing the command line limit to 1023 caused the
> .bss memory area to overflow.  Unfortunately NASM didn't detect this as
> it ought to have and therefore I didn't catch it as an error.
>
> I have dropped the command line limit to 511 characters and released it
> as 3.09-pre2.  This is a release candidate; please test it out and if it
> works I'll make it 3.09.

Works for me on:

Pentium M (ICH4 chipset on IBM t41)
P4/em64t (ICH6/i915 intel box) (the box that broke with 3.08)
P4/em64t (ICH7/i955X intel box)
Opteron (VIA VT8385 / K8T800)
Dual Opteron (nVidia CK804 on an HP xw9300)
VMware 5 (obviously fake, but good to know)

I can probably hunt down more boxes to test on if you'd like, but
they'll largely be similar to the above set.
--
        Peter