[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.09-pre2: release candidate

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jun 16 14:22:50 PDT 2005

Peter Jones wrote:

> Works for me on:
>
> Pentium M (ICH4 chipset on IBM t41)
> P4/em64t (ICH6/i915 intel box) (the box that broke with 3.08)
> P4/em64t (ICH7/i955X intel box)
> Opteron (VIA VT8385 / K8T800)
> Dual Opteron (nVidia CK804 on an HP xw9300)
> VMware 5 (obviously fake, but good to know)
>
> I can probably hunt down more boxes to test on if you'd like, but
> they'll largely be similar to the above set.

Hm.  I have at least one box on which it (extlinux, in particular) still
doesn't work; it unfortunately happens to be the machine on which
zytor.com is hosted; worse, it doesn't work correctly with either GRUB
(standard RAID1-being-braindead crap) or current versions of LILO for
reasons I can't figure out (it used to work, but broke when I upgraded
the box to FC3; even if I try to install a newer version of LILO instead
of the prehistoric one RedHat insists on shipping...)

It works with ISOLINUX, and that's actually how I'm currently booting
this machine.  Hardly ideal, but it's a painful box to troubleshoot on
since so much depends on it.

It's a Supermicro 370SSR/370SSE motherboard with an Intel i815 chipset,
so I guess I'll keep rooting...