[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.09-pre2: release candidate

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 15:17:10 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 14:36 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> I'd rather spend my time fixing the extlinux bug rather than upgrading
> to FC4 just for the sake of Grub.

I totally understand.  At the same time, should you get the urge to try
it, I'm pretty sure the fc4 grub package will just rebuild on an fc3 box
with no issues.

(I could probably even build one in the RH buildsys for fc3 if it would
help)

> It does, however, once again make me question the whole value of
> carrying on with the syslinux project.

I don't know what we'd do without isolinux and pxelinux.  Probably
continue maintaining them ourselves, but I'm sure you do a much better
job than I would.
--
        Peter