[syslinux] hanging pxelinux.0 and menu.c32 on Dell 1850

Mikko Kurkela Mikko.Kurkela at kcigroup.com
Thu Jun 23 04:12:32 PDT 2005

Hello all.

I've got this weird problem. If I try to boot a simple menu using
syslinux's (v 3.09) pxelinux.0 and menu.c32 -files my Dell 1850 loses
the keyboard / hangs straight after loading menu.c32. The machine has to
be powered off completely.

I did some research and got it working by using menu.c32 v3.09 and
pxelinux.0 v3.07 -combo.

It seems that from version 3.08 on something has changed on pxelinux.0
file which affects this particular system (Dell 1850).

I think the developers can find the problem by diff'ing correct
sourcefiles so I won't post my config right now.

BR,

-Mikko Kurkela