[syslinux] Different tftp directories

John Smith netman1 at home.nl
Thu Jun 30 07:43:15 PDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:19:16 +0200
Juergen Fechter <J.Fechter at science-computing.de> wrote:

> We use pxelinux and tfp-ha for windows installation together with winpe 2005 under linux.
> It works and we are happy.
>
> But we have one problem because we want to add one more image for xp pro x64 too.
> Since there is already a ntdetect.com, NTLDR and winnt.sif in the /tftpboot root directory we can't
> add the 64 bit ones.
>
> It's no problem to use different startrom.0 files since I can specify the kernel path.
> But I don't see an option to use another tftp-path for uploading.
>
> Is there a solution or workaround.
>

> Juergen
>
> BTW: We are using  pxelinux 2.10 and tftp-ha 0.36

Hi Juergen,

	why not run a second tftpd on a different ip-address (could even
be on the same server) with it's own /var/lib/tftpboot directory and
let the dhcp server decide which next-server the client that's being
installed gets? You could differentiate between 32- and 64-bit clients
based on mac-address or maybe even the client gives a string (PXEClient?)
that identifies it.

Sincerely,

Jan.