[syslinux] Please help me understand

Phil Donadio ph.donadio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:52:28 PST 2005

Hello

I am trying to create diskless clients that run off a ramdisk and not
an NFS share.  I have a need to disconnect the network boot server
from the clients.  I have the resources to have a 1GB ram disk running
in memory on the client machines.  The problem I have is that during
the network booting of the clients the machine hangs at the following
message:

What am I doing wrong?
I had originally received an RAMDISK: incomplete write error (-28 !=
65535) after the previous error. I fixed it but increasing the
ramdisk_size value in the kernel and recompiled it.
Now it just hangs.   I am not sure how to trouble shoot this.  Have
been goggling this with no success.