[syslinux] Syslinux 3.07 hangs when using on old system

alansim alansim at pacific.net.sg
Thu Mar 10 00:40:05 PST 2005

When I try to use syslinux 3.07 on older system, such as celeron 333 Mhz,
BIOS is AMIBIOS. The screen freezes with "Syslinux 3.07 2005-01-12".
But when I syslinux 3.07 to boot from diskette on the same system, it works,
I have also tried ISOlinux on a CD, it works too on the same system.
Then I took the same harddisk (85MB) and put on a newer system, celeron 550
Mhz, Award Bios, it works.
The problem seems like syslinux cannot work on harddisk installed on older
system.
I have tried serveral other harddisk (2Gb, 8GB etc) too, the same error
occured on the older system.

Is there any way to work around this? Please advise.

Thanks & regards,
Alan Sim