[syslinux] Freeze on boot ?

Nicolas Boulay nico at seul.org
Mon Mar 14 13:57:28 PST 2005

I try to use a linux on a soekris : http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm .
This is a tiny PC without screen nor keyboard. So i can use only a RS232
console.

I can find some information on the use of lilo on this card with success (a
modified debian).

I have choose to use a mandrake then the mklivecd script to transforme it
in .iso file (wich make it read only). I have create my own script to
transforme the .iso in hardrive image. I had also modified the mklive script
to have a boot script working on harddrive.

The resulting image work with qemu simulator.

The console output work when using the .iso in an other PC.

BUT on the soekris, stop at :

EXTLINUX 3.07 2005-01-12

Nothing append next. I don't know if it boot silently or not. But there is
nothing on the console.

Have you a hint ?

Regards,
Nicolas Boulay