[syslinux] Freeze on boot ?

Jim Cromie jcromie at divsol.com
Mon Mar 14 16:22:00 PST 2005

Nicolas Boulay wrote:

>I try to use a linux on a soekris : http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm .
>This is a tiny PC without screen nor keyboard. So i can use only a RS232
>console.

Ive got one of those.
I boot mostly with pxelinux, currently using 3.08pre5

this is how I started.
http://www.cheapnet.net/~mike/soekris/ , also linked from soekris
support page.

If youre struggling, try that 1st, then carry the experience over
to your mandrake-iso approach.

youll probly want CONSOLE 0 in your syslinux.conf  (or whatever exact
name is)
it fixes embedded escapes in serial-line for me, which you should also
get from lilo
(which proves its not syslinux).
pls corroborate this - by leaving directive out til you see the spew,
then 'fixing' it.