[syslinux] PXEBoot with network options forcing adapter to full duplex.

sm straw smstraw2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 08:28:17 PST 2005

Hi Brock,

I'm trying set full duplex on a server that is being
pxeboot/provisioned via autoyast.  We want to ensure
the duplex is full DURING the autoyast provisioning
itself.

I've played the syslinux configs to specify the
bcm5600 driver, but was having trouble with setting
the network options.   I've tryed appending them as
well, but nothing on the internet seems to indicate
that should actually work.

 Do you ever get an answer to your question about how
to set network options during pxeboot?

If you couldn't, is it possible to modify the suse
boot image to include these kernel parameters?

----

http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2004-June/003696.html

We have a cluster (212 nodes) that are on a gig-e
network useing jumbo frames
(mtu 6000)  To reload a node we have to plug it into a
regular 1500 mtu that is
running off a differnt port on the head node to
install.  Is there a way to
tell in the 'append' line of /pxelinux.cfg/default to
have the bcm5700 module
run wiht jumbo frames.  this is our append right now

append load_ramdisk=1 initrd=sles-8/initrd.node
Insmod=bcm5700
Install=nfs://141.212.31.100/home/opt/atipa/sles-8/
Netdevice=eth1
autoyast=nfs://141.212.31.100//home/opt/atipa/sles-8/profiles/node.xm

and our modules.conf to make the nic work with the gig
network requires this

options bcm5700 mtu=9000,1500 line_speed=1000,1000
auto_speed=0,0
full_duplex=1,1

Thanks for help
Brock Palen