[syslinux] PXELinux and serial number

Mark Towfiq towfiq at nextag.com
Thu Mar 31 18:46:57 PST 2005

I am interested in the same thing, and noticed that someone on the list may
have already done what we are discussing; I sent Markus a note so hopefully
he gets back to us.

Huber Markus huber at hsn.at
<mailto:syslinux%40zytor.com?Subject=%5Bsyslinux%5D%20pxelinux%3B%20Service%
20Tag&In-Reply-To=>
Fri Feb 13 22:45:48 PST 2004

> I have now implemented the possiblity to load the
> pxelinux boot configuration by using the Serial
> Number (or Dell Service Tag)-> I use the smbios
> functionality to retrieve the value!

> I would be happy, if thing part of my software
> could be integrated in the standard pxelinux distribution.

> Is somebody interested, or whom should i contact for this issue?

> lg

> Markus

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system.  If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.