[syslinux] boot Soekris 4801 with EXTLINUX

Evan Webb evan at lockdownnetworks.com
Wed May 25 16:58:22 PDT 2005

Success!

Altering cache.inc and changed 65536 in the size calculation to 4096
makes EXTLINUX work properly (I changed it in all 3 places). Whats
strange is that syslinux seems to work fine with a value of 65536, so
I'm wondering if maybe the code to read the ext2 data just before doing
initcache takes up a lot more room on the stack than the same syslinux
code.

Then again, I could easily be completely off base, as this qualifies as
my first crack at debugging x86 bootloader assembly. At any rate, Peter
if you need me to test any code or help to debug this more, let me know,
I'd be happy to.

Evan Webb // evan at lockdownnetworks.com

--
Evan Webb <evan at lockdownnetworks.com>