[syslinux] simple menu limitations

Kelly, Brian bkelly at uwsp.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:17:02 PST 2005

I am using the following simple menu and have noticed that items at the
bottom are dropping off. I seem to be limited to 12 items. Is there a
limit to how many items can be on the simple menu?

default pxelinux.cfg/menu.c32
prompt 0

MENU TITLE UWSP PXE Boot Menu
# TIMEOUT 200

LABEL bartpe
	MENU LABEL Build 12
	KERNEL /STARTROM.0
	APPEND keeppxe

LABEL 11dnet
	MENU LABEL Build 11DNET beta (works on 200MB ram)
	KERNEL 1/STARTROM.0
	APPEND keepxe

LABEL imgctr
	MENU LABEL Image Center (experimental)
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND 	keeppxe initrd=fimages/pqimgctr.vfd

LABEL localboot
	MENU LABEL Localboot
	MENU DEFAULT
	LOCALBOOT 0

LABEL locksmith3com
	MENU LABEL Locksmith 3com
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/locksmith3com.ima

LABEL locksmithbroadcom
	MENU LABEL Locksmith Broadcom
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/locksmithbroadcom.ima

# LABEL locksmithmarvell
#	MENU LABEL Locksmith Marvell Yukon
#	KERNEL memdisk
#	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/locksmithmarvell.ima

LABEL memtest
	MENU LABEL Memtest v3.2
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/memtest.ima

LABEL memtestp
	MENU LABEL Memtest+ v1.6
	KERNEL /memtestp/memtestp

LABEL netbootx
	MENU LABEL Netbootx
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/netbootx.img

LABEL powermax
	MENU LABEL PowerMaxHD Utility
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/powermax409.ima

LABEL undokentmba
	MENU LABEL Undo 3Com lab MBA Flash
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/undokentmba.ima

LABEL wddiag
	MENU LABEL Western Digital Diag
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/wdsatadiag.ima

LABEL gb850
	MENU LABEL GB85010A.P13
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/gb85010a.p13

LABEL winsetxs
	MENU LABEL Winsetxs 2.2.0
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND keeppxe initrd=fimages/winsetxs.2.2.0.ima

Brian