[syslinux] simple menu limitations

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:19:11 PST 2005

I think it's officially supposed to be able to support more.  I know
my so called "ultimate boot dvd" uses quite a number of items.  It's a
system diagnostic/repair/etc kind of disc, so I stuck a lot of items,
many of which weren't 100% necessary in there.

Here's my configuration:

# Nazo's Ultimate Boot Disc

DEFAULT menu.c32
ONTIMEOUT sysrescd initrd=sysrinit.gz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc
acpi=on vga=788 setkmap=41 cdcache ar_nowait
TIMEOUT 300
PROMPT 0
IMPLICIT 1
DISPLAY message.msg
F1 message.msg
F2 sysrescd.msg

SAY Enter command line for bootup:
MENU TITLE Ultimate Boot Disc

LABEL sysrescue
	MENU LABEL ^System Rescue CD 0.2.16 Prerelease 2
	MENU DEFAULT
	KERNEL sysrescd
	APPEND initrd=sysrinit.gz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=on
vga=788 setkmap=41 cdcache ar_nowait

#LABEL geexbox
#	MENU LABEL ^GeeXBoX 0.98.6
#	KERNEL geexbox
#	APPEND initrd=geexinit.gz root=/dev/ram0 rw init=linuxrc boot=cdrom
splash=silent vga=0x315 video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr

LABEL pqmagic
	MENU LABEL ^Partition Magic 8
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/pqmagic.gz floppy

LABEL memtest
	MENU LABEL ^Memtest86+ 1.60
	KERNEL memtestp
	APPEND -

LABEL mprime
	MENU LABEL Prime^95 24.13
	KERNEL mprime
	APPEND initrd=mpinit.gz rw ramdisk_size=5325

LABEL winxp
	MENU LABEL ^Windows XP Pro Installation/Recovery (SP2)
	KERNEL /xpboot.bin
	APPEND -

LABEL dos
	MENU LABEL ^DOS Bootdisk (Windows 98 based)
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/dos.gz floppy

LABEL dos622
	MENU LABEL DOS ^6.22 Bootdisk
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/dos622.gz floppy

LABEL aida
	MENU LABEL AIDA (Displays detailed information on every system component)
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/aida.img floppy

LABEL ntpass
	MENU LABEL NT Pass (password retriever for NT)
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/ntpass.img floppy

LABEL ranish
	MENU LABEL Ranish Partition Manager
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/ranish.img floppy

LABEL fb1280
	MENU LABEL System Rescue CD - 1280x1024 - no ACPI
	KERNEL vmlinuz1
	APPEND initrd=initrd1 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off
setkmap=41 vga=794 ar_nowait

LABEL fb1024
	MENU LABEL System Rescue CD - 1024x768 - no ACPI
	KERNEL vmlinuz1
	APPEND initrd=initrd1 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off
setkmap=41 vga=791 ar_nowait

LABEL fb800
	MENU LABEL System Rescue CD - 800x600 - no ACPI
	KERNEL vmlinuz1
	APPEND initrd=initrd1 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off
setkmap=41 vga=788 ar_nowait

LABEL fb640
	MENU LABEL System Rescue CD - 640x480 - no ACPI
	KERNEL vmlinuz1
	APPEND initrd=initrd1 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off
setkmap=41 vga=785 ar_nowait

LABEL text
	MENU LABEL System Rescue CD - text mode - no ACPI
	KERNEL vmlinuz1
	APPEND initrd=initrd1 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc acpi=off
setkmap=41 ar_nowait

LABEL sbm
	MENU LABEL Smart Boot Manager
	KERNEL memdisk
	APPEND initrd=/bootdisk/sbm.gz floppy

LABEL next
	MENU LABEL Continue bootup process (not always supported in BIOS)
	LOCALBOOT -1

LABEL floppy
	MENU LABEL Boot floppy drive
	KERNEL chain.c32