[syslinux] Request for assistance: grubby

Velu Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Fri Nov 4 07:24:54 PST 2005

H. Peter Anvin a écrit :

> Erwan Velu wrote:
>
>> Does grubby is so necessary to help extlinux beeing known ?
>

> It would really help extlinux users, since it means they can use the
> same upgrade stream as everyone else.  Thanks for picking up the torch.

I found grubby very hard to patch for having a proper parsing of config
files. I'm currently making some tests by making an implementation of
grubby using libconf (http://libconf.net).

This project's aim is to allow people to parse, read and write config
file using a high level API. Thx to damien (its author), I'm now able to
play with the lilo.conf file, grub while come quickly and extlinux then.
I've made my tests using perl but  using
http://conf2xml.sourceforge.net/ (a project linked to libconf), the
binding with other languages is possible.

I think this approach it will be more simple to handle complicated
schemes & options and more bootloaders.

I hope beeing able to show a runnable project quickly.

Erwan