[syslinux] Windows Installation..

Jeff Black jmblack256 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:10:33 PST 2005

> > I guess this really isnt the right place to be posting this it's
> probably the best place for me to find the answer.
> >
> > I would like to know if any of you are doing windows 2000/2003 installs
> over PXE and if so how you had it setup. I've done some searching on google
> and mostly found info about somthing called RIS or RAS or whatever.... it
> required a windows box and thats not a option.. I was thinking about just
> putting the ISO on a image and booting that with memdisk but after a reboot
> windows always wants the cd so i dont think that will work. Can anybody
> point me in the right direction...
> >
> > ~Shaun

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/

"Unattended" will work great for what your trying to do. On the client side
you can boot the linux boot image with pxelinux (network) or isolinux
(cdrom), it asks a series of questions, which can be automated, and begins a
windows install using windows files from the network. If you read over the
docs on hte unattended site I'm sure it'll become more clear.

btw, you do NOT need RAS (remote access services) or RIS (remote
installation service). Unattended works fine using PXE with a simple TFTP
server; read the pxelinux docs.

-Jeff