[syslinux] isolinux bootsplash

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Tue Nov 15 08:42:31 PST 2005

>>Well, the bootsplash is handled by the kernel not by syslinux.  What
>>you can do is add the splash statement to the appended options for
>>your linux kernel, and if it has another bootsplash built in it will
>>use whatever you tell it.  In most linux versions "splash=verbose" (no
>>quotes of course) does the trick though I seem to recall there was one
>>where I had to use "splash=0" (might have been gentoo's prebuilt
>>kernels I think.)

yes! (i know)
but when i try to start the same kernel and the same initrd from grub,
the bootsplash run well
..if i try to run from iso (isolinux) nothing happen: no framebuffer and
no splash verbose or silent

cat /proc/splash
Splash screen v3.1.4-2004/02/19 (0xf0, 1024x768): off

here my isolinux.cfg "append":

LABEL  cosmogonia
KERNEL vmlinuz2613
APPEND lang=it vga=0x303 ramdisk_size=8004 initrd=initrd2613.img
root=/dev/ram init=/linuxrc rw initargs=cdrom-2.6 sysharddisktype=tmpfs
vga=788 splash=verbose quiet

mmmhh..

--
cosmogonia <http://www.cosmogonia.org/>