[syslinux] isolinux bootsplash

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Wed Nov 16 05:56:10 PST 2005

>>Oops, I'm sorry.  I just noticed that you have two vga statements.
>>The 788 is the same thing as 0x311.  However, the kernel probably
>>takes the first argument and ignores the second, so it's using 8-bit
>>mode instead of 16-bit like you want.  So just remove the first
>>statement and you should be ok.
>>

>No, it's the boot loader not the kernel that looks at the 'vga' statement.
>But isolinux uses the last and grub (for whatever reason) picks the first
>one. So your line above works differently in grub and isolinux.
>
>And yes, a 16 bit mode is required.
>

>Steffen

OK!
now the bootsplash is ok!
i have passed this option to isolinux: vga=791 splash=silent (or verbose)

this is the first problem resoluted
but
there was another little trouble

the images MUST be on jpeg not progressive, and for a mine mistake, them
was so!
corrected the boot options and the image compression format, splashed
the images on initrd, all, now it's perfect!

i wasn't know that the "splash" appended one binary signature on initrd,
invisible mounting the initrd (excuse me for the bad english..GHHH!!!)

now, if you will see my restailed livecd (wait a week few), you could be
open your browser on www.cosmogonia.org

many many thanks to everybody!!!
--
cosmogonia <http://www.cosmogonia.org/>