[syslinux] Any way to boot a CD if no BIOS support & CD-ROM is not 100% standard?

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Nov 22 12:31:52 PST 2005

Pretty vague, all of this. I'm also not familiar with GRUB.

All I have so far is a batchfile (yes, I need DOS for various reasons)
which loads Grub4dos, which in turn loads ReactOS's FreeLoader bootloader.
http://odin.fdos.org/odin2005/freeldr.img

Yet how to boot to CD from a Grub that's located on diskette?
1) Grub --> Eltorito code --> cd (loader independent, like Smart
bootmanager)
2) Grub --> Isolinux.bin on cdrom?
3) Grub --> Memdisk + disk image (or Linux kernel + Initrd)

Option 1 would be most independent from what the actual content is on cdrom.
For option 3, I got Memdisk working but not the disk image
kernel (cd)/isolinux/data/memdisk

Bernd