[syslinux] boot conditionnel

Pierre Lombard pl at icatis.com
Mon Oct 24 05:39:55 PDT 2005

* BRIZARD Olivier <olivier.brizard at ujf-grenoble.fr> [2005-10-24 14:35]:
> Geert Stappers a écrit :

> >On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:03:19PM +0200, BRIZARD Olivier wrote:

> >>est il possible de faire booter pxelinux en fonction de condition.
> >>J'ai besoin que la machine boot 2 fois (après un reboot) sur le réseau
> >>(undis3c) et ensuite en localboot

> >If I understand the question correct,
> >you want at the second reboot different behaviour.
> >
> >The challenge with that is how to tell recognise
> >a first and a second boot apart
> >
> >You have to search outside the booting client
> >and teach the server how to identify the second boot.

> so I want to reinstall a computer remotely with
> pxelinux/unattended.sourceforge
> At the first time Unattended.Sourceforge recreate partition and must
> reboot. After It reconnect to the TFTP server to begin the windows
> reinstall. Until there it's ok!
> But during the windows install the computer reboot and it must reboot on
> localboot and not on the network!
>
> So the idea is pxelinux write a tempory file on server with a value and
> read this value who decrease on each boot (by connecting a network
> drive) and if this value is equal to zero thus pxelinux boot on
> localboot (default) else it's boot on network!!

FWIW, you may achieve this by setting a "smart" server that will be
hooked to an automaton which will keep track of what's happened.

There may be better options I'm not aware of, though, and, as the
moustachioed perl guy says, there's more than one way to do it ;)

Search the archives for 'hook' or 'tftp-hpa execution' to get some
hints.

(Disclaimer: I'm using such a patch for my company's need.)

Pierre Lombard <pl at icatis.com>                          GPG: 0xECF801E6