[syslinux] Request for assistance: grubby

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Mon Oct 31 14:44:33 PST 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Did anyone ever pick up looking at grubby?  If not, would someone be
> interested in trying to fix it?

I just did, I'm able to detect extlinux, handle the default entry, add a
label + kernel.
I'm stick with the APPEND line. I don't manage how to add the initrd=
inside the APPEND command.

I must assume that managing the parsing of many bootloaders in C with a
hudge set of "if/else" is not very easy to understand/maintain.
There is a lot of case & conditions. This is not trivial to add a new
bootloader that doesn't match other bootloaders. I can even say that
match grub because it really looks like grub is the first implemention
and others are patches...

I'm still investigating how to continue with APPEND & INITRD.

Does grubby is so necessary to help extlinux beeing known ?